5 Days Masai Mara / Lake Nakuru Safari
Pick up from Nairobi, Kenya | Meal plan (LD)
Masai Mara Game Reserve | Meals plan (BLD)
Depart back to Nairobi | Meal (B)
LAKE NAKURU NATIONAL PARK
The adventure starts from Jomokenyatta International Airport or from your Nairobi city hotel, thereafter proceed by road to Lake Nakuru National Park. The Lake is renowned as a bird sanctuary with over 400 bird species, at times there can be up to two million greater and lesser flamingoes and tens of thousands of other birds hence the park is referred to as the ‘Birds Paradise’. It’s a rhino sanctuary as well with an excellent wildlife viewing. You will arrive at the lodge which is stylishly designed to provide the ideal safari experience where comfort, luxury, and outstanding personal service combine naturally with the beautiful wilderness in time for lunch. You will depart for an afternoon game viewing in the park any time from 16:00 hrs. The landscape includes areas of marsh, grasslands alternating with rocky cliffs and outcrops, stretches of acacia woodland and rocky hillsides covered with a Euphorbia forest on the eastern perimeter. Large animals strive in the dry land surrounding the lake such as the endangered Rothschild giraffe, Cape buffaloes, waterbucks, gazelles, leopard, and several species of primates can be spotted as well in the park.
|Overnight at Lake Nakuru Sarova Lion Hill or Similar|
|Lunch & Dinner (L.D)|
MASAI MARA GAME RESERVE
After breakfast check out and depart by road to the famous Masai Mara Game Reserve, It’s one of the great wonders of the world in terms of animal migration, As per Abc news “Good Morning America’s show”. It’s also considered as a “must see” by almost all visitors going on safari. It is on the “to do” list for many because the park is graced by a wide variety of unique and exquisite wildlife and birds. You will arrive at the lodge in time for lunch. You will have some time to relax by the solar heated pool before you depart for an afternoon game viewing in the reserve.
For the next two days, morning and afternoon game viewing has been scheduled for you or you can decide one morning to book an Optional balloon ride over the plains of the Masai Mara which takes you over the diverse habitats of the Masai Mara reserve; fly over the great Mara River, swamps, forests, wildlife & the African Savannah. The quiet, relaxing ride allows you to view an amazing assortment of wildlife from a unique bird’s-eye view. Surprise bush champagne breakfast is served upon landing. You can decide to proceed on a game run or return back to the lodge. Alternatively, morning and afternoon game viewing are scheduled for you on a daily basis.
|Overnight at Mara Sopa Lodge or Similar|
|Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner (B.L.D)|
DEPART FOR NAIROBI
Breakfast will be served at the camp/lodge followed by check out; you will depart by road back to Nairobi with game viewing en-route. Upon arrival at the city, you will either be transferred to your Nairobi city hotel or straight to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your international outbound departure flight back home.
(There is an optional direct flight from Masai Mara to Nairobi at an extra fee, Contact us for the Quote depending on availability if you might be interested)
- Internet access where applicable.
- Park & Conservation fees as per the package.
- Accommodation and meals as per the itinerary.
- Guaranteed departure; Minimum of two guests.
- 24/7 DK Grand Safaris on-call support from Concierge.
- Safari hat/cap that is provided to you at the start of the safari.
- Binoculars and field guide books provided in the safari vehicle.
- Bean bags for use in the vehicle for stabilizing photography.
- Service charges, hotel taxes, and government taxes as per NOW.
- World finest local, professional English speaking driver guides.
- Game drives in a 4×4 Land Cruiser that is custom built to provide ample leg room.
- Complimentary and unlimited bottled water and soft drinks in the safari vehicles.
- Transportation, transfers, sightseeing and game viewing as detailed in the safari itinerary package.
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure irrespective of the airline and time of arrival and/or departure.
- Emergency Air evacuations cover by Flying Doctors Society to the nearest health facility; excludes any hospitalization and medical expenses.
- Visa fee.
- Travel Insurance.
- Hot air Balloon Excursion.
- International & Domestic Flights.
- All optional activities are not included.
- All statutory increases beyond our control
- Tips to the Hotel/camp/lodge staff and Driver Guide.
- All items of personal nature and not mention in itinerary e.g. shopping, body treatments, alcoholic drinks etc.
Masai Mara / Lake Nakuru National Park Charges 2019
|TRAVEL SEASON||MONTHS||PRICE PER PERSON USD$|
|LOW SEASON||APR – JUN||USD$ 1,450.00|
|PEAK SEASON||JUL – OCT||USD$ 1,850.00|
|MID SEASON||NOV – MAR||USD$ 1,680.00|