Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage and Nairobi National Park
NAIROBI NATIONAL PARK AND DAPHNE SHELDRICKS ELEPHANT ORPHANEGE TOUR/ITINERARY
| MINIMUM: TWO PAX
TIMINGS: 7.00AM TO 1.00PM
DURATION: 6 HOURS
DRESS CODE: CASUAL
Nairobi National Park tour starts from the airport or your city hotel, where you will be picked by our safari driver guides and proceed directly to Nairobi National Park entry gate. You will immediately immerse yourself in the wildlife wonders of the park around every turn and the capital city on the background.
Nairobi National Park covers an area 117.2 km sq, 28963 acres or (45.26 sq mi) in size, which consists different habitats such as plains, forests, steep gorges, lush vegetation as well as the Athi River which is a natural southern boundary of the park.
Nairobi National Park animals commonly seen include; Giraffe, Impalas, Gazelles, Topi, Buffalos, Baboons, Lions, Wildebeest, Warthogs, Hyenas, Monkeys, Leopards, Eland, Waterbucks, Jackals, Crocodiles, Zebras, Hippopotamus, Cheetahs, the endangered black Rhino and over 400 birds species including some migratory species.
Nairobi National Park game drives can be done either in the morning or in the evening; the safari should include a visit to the Ivory Memorial Burning Site where in 1989 former President Daniel Arap Moi set fire on 12 tons of Ivory stock worth Kshs 60 million in a bid to eliminate the mass slaughter of Africa’s elephants and rhinos. Also on 30 April 2016 the current President Uhuru Kenyatta made history in burning an estimated 105 tons of elephant tusks and 1.5 tons of Rhino horns confiscated from smugglers and poachers. Nairobi National Park is open daily from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Our next stop will be at Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage – Kenya, which was founded in 1977 by Dr. Dame Daphne Sheldrick in memory of her late husband David Sheldrick, the founding warden of Tsavo National Park. The center has played a significant role in Kenya’s conservation efforts, acting as a watch dog on wildlife affairs and as an orphanage for baby elephants and rhinos. The orphaned baby elephant’s age varies from a month to almost three years and at the age of three to four; they are gradually re-integrated into the wild. While at Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage you can adopt an elephant. Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage is opened daily from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm for one hour only. Later you will be transferred back to your city hotel. End of the day services.
- Nairobi National Park entrance fee/charges.
- Guaranteed departure; Minimum of two guests.
- Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage entrance fee/charges.
- Transportation & sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary above.
- Pick up and drop off from your preferred city hotel or the airport.
- Customized Nairobi National Park Safari as per the itinerary above.
- Complimentary and unlimited bottled water in the excursion vehicles.
- Services of a local, professional English speaking driver guide who is knowledgeable.
Services not included:
- Travel Insurance.
- Gratuities & Tips to the guides.
- All statutory increases beyond our control.
- All drinks and meals unless otherwise stated.
- Personal expenses unless otherwise mentioned.
- Any other services not mentioned above and/or additional activities.