Katara Lodge Uganda is situated on the Great Rift Valley Escarpment with an uninterrupted view of the savannah, Lake Edward and the Virunga and Ruwenzori Mountain Ranges beyond. Katara lodge has only eight luxurious thatched cottages on a beautiful stretch of hills overlooking the open savannah in a serene and relaxing atmosphere.
Each spacious cottage was handcrafted using locally available materials and carved into the hillside by the Katara village community. The cottages combine wooden floors, grass thatched roofs and canvas that can be folded away for uninterrupted views of the park stretching out below.
Katara Lodge Amenities
- Large open sleeping and sitting area, with a double bed and a
- A four-poster star bed that can be wheeled out onto the veranda to sleep directly under the starlit African sky (only recommended during the dry season).
- The bathrooms are luxuriously fitted- the romantic roll top bath, or the invigorating rain shower, provide a perfect way to unwind after a thrilling day on safari.
- Family cottage comes with a small private outside sitting area with a swing coach and two hammocks
Activities at Katara Lodge
- Game drives through Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Launch cruise on the Kazinga channel
- Chimp tracking in Kyambura Gorge
- Chimp tracking or forest walks in Kalinzu Forest Reserve
- Guided nature walks in Maramagambo Forest.
- Scenery viewing
- Interpretive village and /or agro walk.