5 Days: Masai Mara Migration Safari
Masai Mara Game Reserve
After breakfast from a city hotel or from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will depart by road to the famous Masai Mara Game Reserve, covering an area of 1,510 square km (583 square miles), the Masai Mara National Reserve is a land of breathtaking vistas, abundant wildlife, and endless plains. It’s also considered a “must-see” by almost all visitors going on safari because the park is graced by a wide variety of unique and exquisite wildlife and birds with over 95 species of mammals and more than 400 different bird species. It’s world-renowned for its population of big cats and the famous wildebeest migration as they cross the Mara River. Together with Serengeti National Park, they form one of the world’s most diverse eco-system classified as a premium safari destination for the Big Five Safari. Upon arrival at the camp/lodge, you will experience a connection with culture and nature like never before. Lunch will be served outside the main restaurant with an excellent view of the Mara plains or Mara River from a distance. An afternoon game viewing is scheduled for you on this day.
Day 2 & 3
Masai Mara Game Reserve
For the next two days, you shall have unlimited game viewing trying to discover the myth of the fascinating natural phenomenon of the largest ungulates on earth. Each year millions of wildebeest, zebras, elands, and antelopes cover a distance of approximately 3,000km from the south of Serengeti to Masai Mara in search of green pastures and water. Guests can catch a glimpse of the magnificent migration on different points of their migration route but the Mara River crossing activity is considered the climax of the migration period which occurs in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in Kenya between July to the end of October. The Mara River also known as the “River of Death 395 km long” crossing is an event that will take you through a range of emotions: anticipation, heartache, inspiration, excitement and so much more. The sheer sight of the first herds of animals rushing blindly into the crocodile-infested river will make you long for this wildebeest migration every year. You might have viewed this dramatic event on your electronic screens but if it is your first time to view in reality, believe us that it is going to be the most thrilling lifetime experience packed with action.
Masai Mara Game Reserve
This is your last full day in the Masai Mara Game Reserve. On this day, you might decide to spice up your adventure with a Balloon safari. It starts before the golden sunrise, enchanting sceneries, and plain game below as the winds gently blow the basket deeper into the reserve. Soar silently with 360 degrees from a unique bird’s-eye view, a spectacular savannah below with plenty of photographic opportunities unfolding. You will fly over the great Mara River, the Swamps, Forests, Wildlife & the African savannah. Breakfast will be set up on the picturesque savannah plains of the Mara, typically under the shade of a single balanite tree, you will be welcomed by a glass of sparkling wine. Thereafter your adventure safari will continue or enjoy a leisurely game drive back to the camp/lodge reliving the memories of the morning’s flight.
An evening game viewing has been scheduled for you to conclude on the wildlife wonders of the Masai Mara. Alternatively, you might decide you have seen enough and it’s time to update your travel journal and just take a relaxed day at the camp/lodge which is stylishly designed to provide the ideal safari experience where comfort, luxury, and outstanding personal service combine naturally with the beautiful wilderness.
After breakfast, you will check out and depart back to Nairobi for game viewing en route. You will be transferred to your Nairobi city hotel or to the International Airport to connect to your international outbound flight back home.
5 Days: Masai Mara Migration Safari Charges 2023
|TRAVEL SEASON||MONTHS||PRICE PER PERSON SHARING USD$|
|LOW SEASON||APR – JUN||USD$ 1,695.00|
|PEAK SEASON||JUL – OCT||USD$ 2,445.00|
|MID SEASON||NOV – MAR||USD$ 1,790.00|
- Internet access where applicable
- Park & Conservation fees as per the package
- An unmatched private customized safari service
- Guaranteed departures with a minimum of two guests
- 24/7 DK Grand Safaris on call support with the concierge
- Bean bags for use in the vehicle for stabilizing photography
- Service charges, hotel taxes and government taxes as per NOW
- Binoculars and field guide books provided in the safari vehicle
- Game drives in a 4×4 Land Cruiser, custom built to provide ample leg room
- Complimentary and unlimited bottled water, and soft drinks in the safari vehicles
- Safari cap provided to you at the start of the safari for your own comfort against the sun
- Private airport transfers upon arrival and departure irrespective of the airline and time of arrival and departure
- Transportation, transfers, sightseeing and game viewing as detailed in the safari itinerary
- Preferred rooms either double or single in the very best hotels, camps and lodges as per itinerary
- Accommodation and meals as per the itinerary; (B L D) full board while on safari, Bed and Breakfast for city hotels
- Local, professional English speaking driver guides that are knowledgeable, helpful and highly experienced with extensive training
- Visa fee.
- Travel Insurance.
- International flights.
- Tips to Hotel staff and driver guide.
- Pre and post-Safari tours & Excursions.
- Meals and beverages, other than specified.
- All statutory increases beyond our control.
- Any of the optional activities and/or services are not included in the program.
- All health regulations and requirements as per the country/countries of visit.
- Immunization cost (Yellow Fever vaccination & Covid if not fully Vaccinated)