Sanctuary Gorilla forest camp is located in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. The camp canvas spaces are dressed with indigenous prints and furniture made from natural materials. Beds are draped in neutral-toned linens, and local artifacts set a scene that ensures memorable moments both inside and out the accommodation.
The trees around the camp light up in the morning when the sun starts shining, and thanks to there being so few tents, the camp retains an intimate, exclusive feel, enabling you to experience Africa’s magic with the lightest of footprints yet with practically every mod con.
Gorilla Forest Camp Amenities
- Gift shop.
- Fire Place.
- Hairdryers in each room.
- Free-standing bath for a relaxing soak after a day’s trekking.
- Each tent has a spacious, stone-walled bathroom with private sections.
- Electricity supply is a combination of silent packed generator and battery system.
- Each tent features two queen sized beds and an en-suite bathroom with a large bathtub as well as an indoor shower.
The highlight at Gorilla Forest Camp
- Due to its prime location, Gorilla forest lodge is frequently visited by Gorillas
- The camp is exclusive with only eight tents, a perfect base for the trekking of the majestic Mountain Gorillas
- The camps unique location allows the guests to interact with the local community including the local Batwa Pygmies
- The specially customized sedan chairs with support and harness that allow less able guests to be carried into the rainforest to track the gorillas in their natural habitat
- An established philanthropy project at Bwindi Community Hospital which guests can visit.
Activities at Gorilla Forest Camp
- Nature Walks.
- Gorilla trekking.
- Visit the Buhoma villages.
- Tour to the Batwa Pygmies.
- Tour of the Bwindi Community Hospital.