Balloon Safari at Masai Mara Game Reserve
Masai Mara Game Reserve
You will depart the camp/lodge with a balloon vehicle and be taken to the ballooning start point. On getting there you will still enjoy another cup of tea or coffee while you watch as the balloon is inflated. You will assemble at the launch site as the flames from the hot air balloon light the darkness as the crew inflates their craft. When they are ready you clamber into the basket and your pilot will give you a short briefing. Then, as the sun rises, so does your balloon. The direction you take will depend on the wind and you may float over forests, plains, or rivers.
After around an hour you will land on the plains, possibly with a bump, and certainly ready for breakfast. Breakfast will be set up on the picturesque savannah plains of the Mara, typically under the shade of a single balanite tree. We understand your joy, and we celebrate this life-changing adventure by serving a special traditional champagne breakfast at your landing site, and guests are served a fresh ‘made-toorder’ hot breakfast of their preference. Non-alcoholic beverages are also available, and any allergies/food restrictions will be accommodated.
Thereafter your adventure safari will continue or enjoy a leisurely game drive back to the camp/lodge reliving the memories of the morning’s flight.
- Internet access where applicable
- Park & Conservation fees as per the package
- An unmatched private customized safari service
- Guaranteed departures with a minimum of two guests
- 24/7 DK Grand Safaris on call support with the concierge
- Bean bags for use in the vehicle for stabilizing photography
- Service charges, hotel taxes and government taxes as per NOW
- Binoculars and field guide books provided in the safari vehicle
- Game drives in a 4×4 Land Cruiser, custom built to provide ample leg room
- Complimentary and unlimited bottled water, and soft drinks in the safari vehicles
- Safari cap provided to you at the start of the safari for your own comfort against the sun
- Private airport transfers upon arrival and departure irrespective of the airline and time of arrival and departure
- Transportation, transfers, sightseeing and game viewing as detailed in the safari itinerary
- Preferred rooms either double or single in the very best hotels, camps and lodges as per itinerary
- Accommodation and meals as per the itinerary; (B L D) full board while on safari, Bed and Breakfast for city hotels
- Local, professional English speaking driver guides that are knowledgeable, helpful and highly experienced with extensive training
- Visa fee.
- Travel Insurance.
- International flights.
- Tips to Hotel staff and driver guide.
- Pre and post-Safari tours & Excursions.
- Meals and beverages, other than specified.
- All statutory increases beyond our control.
- Any of the optional activities and/or services are not included in the program.
- All health regulations and requirements as per the country/countries of visit.
- Immunization cost (Yellow Fever vaccination & Covid if not fully Vaccinated)